Saturday, October 4, 2014

Share Walk 2014

Today was a very special day for me. It was one of those mornings when I got to stop everything for a few hours and simply honor Connor. I posted about the Share Walk last year. Here are some pictures from this years walk. 


I am lucky enough to help organize and set up the walk each year. It is truly a fabulous experience. I feel like I am being productive in Connor's name. It gives me a way to physically honor him, helping to arrange this special day for so many families. 


There is a banner each year. Families may write a message. This banner is then used to lead the walk. They are used as decoration in the following years. This was only my second year, but I already enjoyed going back and looking at messages to/about Connor from last years banner. 


We have a balloon release. While I know it isn't the best for the environment, isn't it special and beautiful? 


 I have featured the Angel of Hope on my blog a few times. The walk ends at the Angel, where we read "We Remember" and left carnations on the Angel. 


Seriously, though. The absolutely best part of the day is just the pure feeling of love and support. I felt completely wrapped in it throughout the whole special morning. Thank you to everyone who came to support the walk and/or sent me messages throughout the morning. I am so fortunate to have so many supportive people in my life. 



2 comments:

  1. great post...wish I could have been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job..!! I liked your post. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience with us. Keep sharing more posts like this.

    Sharron Wooten

    ReplyDelete