Friday, August 15, 2014

Insta Friday

It's late and I've had some wine, but I don't want to not post this week's Insta Friday! It has been a very quick, extremely busy week!





Last Friday was my last day with the girl I've been babysitting this summer. To end it with a bang we went to The Butterfly House. I highly recommend it if you haven't been there. Located in St. Louis, it has an amazing display of butterflies. The volunteer there said they ship in 500 a week, due to the short life span. 





Mike surprised me with tickets to an awesome event, also in St. Louis. It was called Nova Nights. We got to lay on the floor of the planetarium, see a star show, and watch an old Sci Fi movie projected on the planetarium!
 If you looked around the movie, you could still see the stars.
 I loved it! 



My latest obsession.. fruit and yogurt smoothies.
I really like making these for breakfast. With the blender system I have, I can prep everything the night before and have the cup (with a cover) ready to go in the fridge. 


Sunday morning calls for a special breakfast!
Blueberry pancakes made with fresh blueberries (another current fave) and strawberries. I choose to sprinkle a little powdered sugar on mine and leave the syrup behind.


More Jamberry! I swear I don't sell them.
I just love them! I have been saving this for the first week of school. They are a dark sparkly blue, which happens to be a school color where I work.
Well, blue.. we don't include the sparkles, but maybe we should!


Speaking of going back to school!
I started a new position at the same school this year. I am going to deeply miss the team I used to directly work with on a daily basis! The teacher I now work with had the lovely surprise of these flowers waiting for me on the first day. I absolutely love all of the people I work with at this school. Everyone is incredibly sweet and supportive. I appreciate this fact every single day. 


life rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment