Saturday, May 11, 2013

My First Gender Reveal Party

One of my very closest friends is pregnant, and due in October. I am so excited for her and her husband. I wish they lived closer so that I could be with her more! I had the honor of helping her plan and execute their gender reveal party. I had never been to a gender reveal party, but luckily the internet is full of adorable ideas! I'm going to share some of the adorable things we did, with her permission. 




The Fabulous Couple

This was one of the many stations we set up and decorated. There is a chalkboard for people to write down if they think baby is a boy or a girl. Those mason jars have mustache and bow stickers. Guests put whichever one represented their guess on to broadcast it. 


 My favorite table of the party! This half blue, half pink, table turned out so adorable! It held the cupcakes which would be used during the gender reveal, taunting the guests! 



We set up a place for people to give name suggestions. We had people suggest names for both genders, since the gender was not yet revealed. 

There was a piece of pink, and blue scrapbook paper for guests to write a message to baby. The correct color will go into a scrapbook or frame for baby to enjoy in the future. We plan on also putting the correct paper out at the baby shower to get more messages. 




Everyone submitted their votes! 



The big reveal! Baby is a boy! 


I can't wait to meet this baby, who will surely be the most adorable little baby! I am so happy I could be there to find out the gender. Thank you to my dear friends for allowing me to share this special day on my blog. I wish you many years of happiness and snuggles.




           

2 comments:

  1. That is a super cute party! You have a lot of great ideas. My hat is off to you for being able to so graciously plan and attend such an event after such a great loss. Maybe you were hurting inwardly during the process...I hope you took care of yourself emotionally during this time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but really I love this couple so much! They are some of my very closest friends. I was so happy to be there with them.

    ReplyDelete