Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pinterest Philosopher

Found here.

Please be patient with the children you get to keep,
 and realize they are a gift.
I would think it would get better. The impatience with others who are impatient with their children. It hasn't yet. I was shopping yesterday and heard parent after parent snapping at their child for the most insignificant, or tiny, thing. The world is too impatient.

This is hard for me. 

I think: I wish Connor were here to do those things. I wish Connor were here to slow down my shopping trip, because he just wanted to look at something bright that caught his eye. I wish Connor were here to ask for each thing he thought looked delicious or fun. I wish Connor were here to "inconvenience" me by being hungry/tired when I just needed to grab those few things off the list. 

I understand it is hard. I understand it is frustrating. I know you are tired. However, remember your child is a gift. When you are at that point, the point when you are frustrated with everything your child is doing, remember there are those of us who didn't get to "keep" our children. 

Every time I hear a parent yelling at their child for the silliest things, I just want to walk up to them and share my story. Make them appreciate the adorable little one in front of them. Every time, I bite my tongue. It isn't my place. 

I wish you patience, understanding, and control while you "deal" with that child who is "inconveniencing" you at the wrong time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment