Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My First Mug Swap Experience

I found the Mug Swap through Life Rearranged! This is who I link up with to do Insta Friday, when I don't have a really boring week. A Cuppa Kim hosts and organizes the mug swap. This was the third annual event! It just made me sad that I didn't know about it the past two years! I plan on participating every year from here on out though. Here is my follow up on the mug I sent and the mug I received. 



First! The mug I sent. I really enjoyed putting this together and sending it. I forgot to include my contact information, so I contacted her after a bit. I was just too impatient for the link up to find out what she thought about the mug! She loved it! I was so glad that she appreciated the work I put into the mug! 

The first thing I did, was to scour Pinterest and Etsy, for initial ideas. I knew I wanted to make it personalized and that I wanted it to include her initial. By the way, the lovely lady who received my mug is Amber. You can check her out over at The Butterfly Effect.



I sent this over to my dear friend, Sarah, to get her opinion on which initial to try. We discussed through text message which would work best, while not being too challenging. I didn't want to completely mess up my first attempt at a sharpie mug! I also included some butterflies, in honor of Amber's blog. 


I did kind of a combination of a few mug ideas. The name was initially going to go under the "a". I made the "a" bigger than planned, but love how it turned out. I included a short little quote for fun. I also decorated the back, handle, and bottom of the mug. Somehow I deleted those photos before transferring them to my computer though. Bummer! Anyway, the mug headed off to it's destination along with some hot cocoa mix and some cold brew tea bags. Because, honestly it is still really hot here and who wants to drink something to warm them up more at this time! 



On to the mug I received. The person who sent this to me did not include any contact information. If you are reading this, thank you for wrapping it up so well! It got here all in one piece. 


I really enjoy when mugs have something printed on the inside of them. The little bird house inside the mug was very cute!

I already can't wait for next years mug swap! I need to search and see if there are more swaps I can participate in! When I mentioned this on my Facebook page, I had friends who said they would be interested in doing our own mug swap. I haven't decided if I will organize anything between friends or not. I liked the idea of this including people from all over. 

I can't wait to participate in this again next year! Thank you so much for all the work you put into organizing this event, A Cuppa Kim! 


Mug Swap!

1 comment:

  1. I love mugs with things inside too!!! I'm sipping on tea with a mug with a flower painted in it!

    ReplyDelete