Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Book Review: The Racketeer


May's Book Club Book


Find it here.


This was my first time reading John Grisham's work. I was pleasantly surprised. I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars. It was not a "I can't set this down" book, but I really enjoyed reading it. 

I have never picked up a Grisham novel with the concern of it being full of legal jargon. This was not the case at all! I will be checking the library to see if I can electronically check out more of his work. I loved his writing style. It was super easy to read and follow. 

This book begins with a lawyer who has been put in jail, for something he did not do. It follows his adventure of trying to, legally, get out of jail. The book was nothing as I expected it would be after reading the first chapter. There are so many twists and turns. It slowly unwinds Malcolm Banister's very elaborate plan. His plan includes more people and ideas than you could ever imagine. "Watching" things click together was beyond enjoyable. There is not one thing that Banister does not think of during his scheme. It kept me wondering until the end who was actually the bad guy in this story. 

I don't want to give away any of the details, because as I said reading the unraveling of the scheme is the best part of this book. I hope you will check this book out soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment