Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I am not my grief.

Still Standing Magazine recently posted a link up. It is one that I can fully get behind. The link up involves an exercise for us all to realize we are not our grief. Also, it is to help people within the pregnancy/infant loss community to learn more about each other, grief aside. I really liked this idea, and decided to jump in and participate! 

If you would like to see the explanation of the challenge you can find it here: 
http://stillstandingmag.com/2014/07/10-things-grief-aside-link/

I will post ten questions that were asked on the above page, and answer them.

1. What are you reading right now?

I am in a book club. The book I'm reading currently is for said book club. It is titled "And She Was" by Alison Gaylin. I am approximately 60% (avid kindle reader here) through the book and really hooked! It is a mystery. The main character has a unique disorder that gives her very detailed basically photographic memory. She is trying to solve a case that turns out to be connected to a case that is very close and personal to her! I can't wait to see how this one ends. 

2. Sweet or Savoury?

Sweet. Always sweet. My sweet tooth is my demise. I enjoy anything that is sweet involved and have issues following correct portions on those items! I have recently been trying to take a stand against them and have been doing pretty well. 

3. What is your favorite color?

Teal is my favorite color. I really began to like it a few years back and used it as an accent color in our wedding. Yellow has been rising in the ranks lately though. I like yellow particularly when paired up with gray. 

4. What is your favourite food?

This is a hard one, because I love to cook and eat! I would have to say pizza. If it were "appropriate" for an adult to eat pizza daily, I would be that adult. I think because you can get variety, so it is the same thing but with a different taste. I heard about a guy who ate pizza for every meal every day for over a year. He spoke about how difficult it was to find someone to date him. He didn't find me soon enough! Probably a good thing.

5. Where were you born and where do you live?

I was born in the small town of Maryville, IL and have only moved a few miles away since. I lived in Maryville until just two years ago. I love this area, because it is so close to St. Louis. It is the best of both worlds. I don't have to deal with the hassle of a city daily, but it is right there when I want to do something. 

6. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be?

Are we saying anyone? Can it be a person from the past? This is going to seem weird. I would have dinner with Abraham Lincoln. I have an odd fascination with him. I even got engaged directly in front of his Springfield, IL home. 

7. Any bad habits?

I think anyone who says they don't have bad habits is lying. It is human nature to have at least one or two bad habits. I would say one of my bad habits is to leave lights/electronics/appliances on. That is probably one of the things Mike has to remind the most. Whether it is the light, tv, oven, etc. I just get distracted and go on with my day. Don't worry. After nearly four years together and over two years married, Mike knows to check the stove shortly after dinner. 


8. What have you been procrastinating on?
Finishing a book I started a few months ago. We read The Stand (newer uncut version) by Stephen King for book club. Well, they read it. I got half way through and then actually skipped a meeting because I do want to finish it. I have just struggled to pick it back up (click on it) and get back to reading. 
9. What is a strange fact about you?
I have to have all doors closed in the room I'm sleeping in to be able to sleep. My grandma told me I have always been like this. I don't know what started it. I have no terrifying or traumatizing memory to go along with this need. Every door, even closet doors, have to be closed or I can't sleep. For the same reason, you will never find my sleeping on my couch (unless I fall asleep while sick for a nap). It is open concept to the kitchen and dining room, so I can't "close off" the room. I also only nap when I'm sick. I don't know why, but I can't fall asleep during the day otherwise.
10. Hobbies?
Crafting, cooking, and reading. I absolutely love finding a new craft or recipe to try. The problem is I will find a recipe we really enjoy, but then move on to a ton of different new recipes and forget about the one we liked. I'm trying to get better at adding things into my actual paper recipe book when we really like it. Easier than flipping through tons of bookmarks on my laptop or pins on pinterest. 
I hope you have enjoyed a little look at me, grief aside. If you have ever wondered something about me, and I didn't approach it here, ask me in the comments! I am not my grief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment